WORK LOCATION: Chennai
CLIENT: International EPC Contractor
JOB TYPE: Permanent / Long Term
QUALIFICATIONS: Degree / Masters in Instrumentation Engineering
EXPERIENCE: Around 12 to 19 years on Oil & Gas / Refinery / Petrochemical projects
Job Description (Please read carefully):
Objective / Purpose:
1. The person shall be responsible for the complete design, detailing and proposal engineering of instrumentation /Automation of Power plants and substations.
2. The Design Lead Engineer of Instrumentation shall manage the entire design for a project or a set of smaller projects including co-ordination with other disciplines viz., Electrical, Civil and Mechanical.
3. Design Lead Engineer of Instrumentation shall lead a team of Design Engineers and draftsman to manage the Engineering activities to deliver on time and maintain a high quality of engineering drawings, documents.
1. Ensure timely submission of Design deliverables.
2. Review and monitoring Equipment and Lot items with respect to ACE, timely reporting to Section head.
3. Review of instrumentation drawings/document deliverable and interaction with Section head for final checking of the drawing before submission to client for approval.
4. Preparation of Pre-bid queries, DBR, BOQ & Scope of work for Proposal Engineering.
5. Propose optimization Ideas during Pre-bid stage to reduce the BOQ cost.
6. Ensure design conformity to ISO Quality standards & contract technical specification.
7. Interaction with client for drawing approval & clarification.
8. Interaction with site for clarification on drawing/documents.
9. Assist the Section Head for giving Manufacturing clearance of the Instrumentation equipment.
10. Assist in review of technical scope & specification for final contract document sign off.
11. Initiating New Ideas for Optimizing the equipment and new product development.
12. Man hour monitoring and interaction with Section head for control on man-hours. • Assist in standardization of the checklist of the deliverables.
1. Should have good experience in detailed engineering and site commissioning activities of field instruments like Transmitters, Switches, Control Valves, On-Off Valves, Pressure Safety Valves, Various type of Instrumentation cables, Junction Boxes, Cable Trays, Cable Gland etc.
2. Should have good expertise in studying and correct P&I Diagram, Process interface checks, Interdisciplinary checks etc.
3. Should have good experience in detailed engineering and site commissioning activities of Various Industrial control and safety systems like DCS, Emergency Shutdown PLC, Fire and Gas PLC etc.
4. Should be aware of various design aspects like SIL study, Hazardous area classification, UPS Load Calculation, Battery sizing calculation, Ingress Protection etc.
5. Should be aware of various industrial safety, security and communication systems like Fire alarm System, Public Address System, CCTV System, EPABX System, Fiber Optic Communication etc.
6. Should have good understanding of various communication protocol used in industry like Modbus, TCP/IP, Profibus, Foundation Field Bus, IEC-61850 etc.
1. Internal: Engineering Head-SS & UPS, Instrumentation Section Head, Other Section Heads & their team, BU Operations team, Cluster team, Project manager, Site team, BU proposal team, Business Development Team, Safety Team, Quality Team, ISD Team.
2. External: Clients, Consultants and Vendors.
Key Value Drivers:
2. Timeliness in deliverables.
3. Design Improvements.
4. Quality control.
5. Development of Subordinates.
6. Cost Optimization.
7. Awareness of various products used in project.
8. Awareness of new trends and technological developments etc.
Software Skills Required:
1. Good Skill in MS Office and PDF professional.
2. General Awareness of AUTOCAD software.
3. Basic understanding of project scheduling software like MS Project, Primavera etc.
1. Market Insight o Market Foresight o Leveraging Opportunities.
2. Customer at Core o Sustainable Partnership o Anticipating Needs o Customer Centricity.
3. Disruptive Innovation o Challenge Traditional Approaches o Generate Innovative Solutions.
Drop us a line with your CV & tell us how your profile fits the criteria email@example.com
Jan 05, 2023
To stay tuned on future opportunities, join our Telegram ChannelJoin Now