WORK LOCATION: Chennai
CLIENT: International EPC Contractor
JOB TYPE: Permanent / Long Term
QUALIFICATIONS: Degree / Masters in Electrical Engineering
EXPERIENCE: Around 12 to 15 years on Oil & Gas / Refinery / Petrochemical projects
Job Description (Please read carefully):
Minimum 12 years professional experience in this position. Experience in Oil & Gas projects with Operating companies like KNPC, ADNOC, Saudi Aramco, SONATRACH, Indian Oil, Bharat petroleum, projects (in particular) will be an added advantage; Knowledge and working experience of Shell DEP standards, Kuwait Standards , Saudi Aramco & relevant international standards such as IEC and NFPA is preferable
1. Capable of reviewing & executing Primary Engineering Activities for industrial Projects covering multiple geographical domains; Good knowledge in Layout Engineering in industrial projects; facilitate the modellers in development of BIM 3D Model for Substations; Inter-departmental checks covering Electrical, Civil/ Structural, MEP and Instrumentation; Provide support for the engineering activities covering the full cycle of works from pre-bid engineering to support during commissioning and warranty periods and to extend support to site team; Shall lead a team of draughtspersons to manage the Engineering activities to deliver high quality of engineering.
2. Also should have worked experience in retrofitting projects / brown field project of oil and gas onshore or offshore / substation / power plants.
1. Able to study and understand FEED conceptual layout and prepare detail deign.
2. Able to update existing and develop Hazardous area classification drawings.
3. Able to understand existing plant / substation layout and prepare new layout for merging and retrofitting works.
4. Able to understand Inter-departmental layout drawings and prepare co-ordinated services layouts.
5. Able to draft specification and data sheet for all primary related equipment’s.
6. Able to advice drafting team for Erection Key Diagram to suit site requirement.
7. Responsible for review of CRP (Control Relay Panels) and Automation drawings developed by the vendor.
8. Interact with Vendor for clarification w.r.t. compliances to Technical Specifications & comments and Quality
9. Coordinate with primary design engineer Obtaining specification requirement of the client and checklist for evaluation from the Design Lead (Secondary) / Project Engineering Managers
10. Evaluate Technical Offers based on Technical Specification (requirement) of the client and timely submission to Design Lead (Secondary) for review.
11. Prepare design calculations of CT / VT and battery sizing and development of DC & AC Single Line Diagrams of a Substation and submitting to the Design Lead for checking
12. Timely Delivery of Engineering Drawings & Documents
13. Ensure deliveries are aligned to Project Schedule
14. Seek and obtain spatial requirements and details of cut-outs and openings from the Secondary Engineer and incorporate into relevant Drawings
15. Review primary drawings by Draughtspersons
16. Perform design & sizing calculations of primary engineering electrical equipment and obtaining approvals from the client
17. Review of Vendor deliverables pertaining to Primary Engineering
18. Review of Vendor deliverables pertaining to GA , Schematic Drawing and GA.
19. Capable of Multitasking and deliver multiple things on time
20. Prepare BOQ and submit to contracts team and providing technical clarifications
21. Coordinate with multiple disciplines for ensuring inter-departmental checks
22. Provide support & clarifications to the Site Execution team
23. Inspect equipment from the finalized vendor after submission of validation document of the vendor
24. Able to interface manufacture drawings with layout engineering preparation.
25. Able to forecast well in advance requirement for layout preparation at co-ordinate with site team for collection of exiting facilities details plants in brown filed project.
26. Collect inputs for project details (plot details, feeder arrangements etc.) from client & Project Engineering Manager
27. Prepare deliverables such as Equipment layouts, Cable Routing Layout, Cable Tray Layout, Earthing Layout, lighting Layout, Lightning Protection Layout
28. Provide support to secondary team for reviewing Vendor drawings
29. Preparation of Equipment Tag list as.
30. Pre-Tender Engineering including estimation of BOM (Bill of Materials) and Offer Reviews for secondary equipment.
1. Overall knowledge of equipment layouts and necessary calculations, Detailed knowledge of Substation equipment and their Layouts, Understanding of primary engineering activities covering SLD Preparation, Layout Engineering, Earthing, Cable Routing , Lighting, Lightning Protection, Cable Tray Routing, selection of cable clamps etc., Design & sizing calculations of earthing and lightning protection system Busbar, UPS, DG, LT Transformer, Sizing of Earthing Conductor, Cable gland & lug selection. Knowledge on National and International Codes and Standards, Understand and interpret the contractual technical requirements and facilitate the Project Teams as and when required.
2. Overall understanding of the inter-disciplinary (Civil & Structural, Mechanical and Instrumentation) design aspects of electrical equipment.
Knowledge of Software:
1. Working Knowledge of Dialux, CYMGRD, CYMCAP and MS Office, SPEL.
2. Desirable awareness of ETAP & PSCAD.
Drop us a line with your CV & tell us how your profile fits the criteria email@example.com
Jan 05, 2023
To stay tuned on future opportunities, join our Telegram ChannelJoin Now