WORK LOCATIONS: Chennai, Pune, Faridabad
CLIENT: International EPC Contractor
JOB TYPE: Permanent / Long Term
QUALIFICATIONS: Degree / Masters in Electrical Engineering
EXPERIENCE: Around 12 to 16 years on Solar PV Plant projects
Job Description (Please read carefully):
1. As a Project Engineering Manager, the person shall ensure that the engineering activities of the project takes place within stipulated time (w.r.t. both quality & cost). She / He shall ensure the adherence to L2 schedule during execution of the project.
2. She / He shall work on optimizations / alternate proposals / solutions for quick delivery of the project with a positive margin.
3. She / He shall perform inter-discipline coordination (Civil, Structural, MEP & Instrumentation).
1. To be the Single point of contact for internal and external customers related to BOP engineering of SOLAR.
2. Coordinate with Project Planning Manager and ensure deliveries are aligned to Project Schedule.
3. Conduct regular project review meetings and ensure adherence to schedule.
4. Conduct internal review meetings for resource optimization, allocation and enhance productivity.
5. Review of designs, calculations & drawings and ensure their timely submissions after obtaining approvals from customer.
6. Clarification of issues with respect to vendors and ensuring timely delivery of materials at project site.
7. Capable of Multitasking and deliver multiple things on time.
8. Clarification to inter – discipline Managers for sorting out issues w.r.t. design aspects of the equipment.
9. Enable & review accurate estimation in terms of quantity for submission of Bill of Materials.
10. Review critical issues and procedural delays w.r.t. design aspects of equipment and extend support to Site Execution teams.
11. Ensure BIM implementation in the projects if required.
12. Settle procurement issues and extend support to Supply Chain management for ensuring order finalization for Vendor Engineering.
13. Extend support for BOQ, review of pre-bid offers and technical submissions & provide post-tender clarifications (after clarification from vendors) to the contracts team.
14. Lead and manage team of Design Leads, Design Engineers and Draughts persons.
15. Review Vendor evaluation (w.r.t. technical specification requirement of the client).
16. Ensure issuance of Manufacturing Clearance by undertaking and facilitating necessary communication with suppliers.
17. Communicate & clarify deliverable list from the client and obtaining resource requirement for project.
1. The Project Engineering Manager shall have overall expertise in basic and detail engineering for SOLAR power plant projects.
2. The Manager is required to have thorough understanding in design aspects of BOP of SOLAR.
3. She / He is required to be proficient in selection of equipment such as transformers, Ring main unit, MV cable, MV switchgear, 380kV substation and switchyard equipment.
4. Should conduct design review for Earthing, Lighting, Lightning Protection, Cabling etc, interfaces between Civil, MEP & Instrumentation and Secondary engineering activities like Schemes, Wiring Diagrams, SCADA & Control System.
5. Should have good knowledge in various types of SOLAR turbine machines and with experience in handling large scale (300MW) SOLAR projects.
6. Should have sound knowledge in generation related technical particulars of SOLAR.
7. Should have hands on experience in conducting/simulating Power system studies, Grid impacts studies related to SOLAR. To understand the impact and to guide the team technically on power system studies.
8. The PEM is required to have understanding of leading and execution of projects for different geographies / clients / utilities. She / he should have detailed knowledge of the equipment to be installed and the market conditions for vendor engineering. The PEM is required to understand and interpret the contractual technical requirements and facilitate the Project Teams as and when required.
Drop us a line with your CV & tell us how your profile fits the criteria email@example.com
Jan 05, 2023
To stay tuned on future opportunities, join our Telegram ChannelJoin Now