WORK LOCATIONS: Chennai, Pune, Faridabad
CLIENT: International EPC Contractor
JOB TYPE: Permanent / Long Term
QUALIFICATIONS: Masters in Structural Engineering
EXPERIENCE: Around 18 to 25 years on Transmission Line projects
Job Description (Please read carefully):
1. As Engineering Manager, the person shall be responsible for the complete design and detailed engineering for Transmission Line tower design and Civil foundations & associated structure from 33kV to 765kV system.
2. The Engineering Manager (EM - TL) shall manage the entire design for a project or a set of smaller projects including co-ordination with other disciplines viz., Electrical, factory, site, Testing activity, Front Office, Client/Consultant. Engineer Manager shall lead a team of Lead Engineers, Engineers and draftspersons to manage the Engineering activities within budget, deliver on time and maintaining a high quality of engineering.
3. The Engineering Manager (EM - TL) must have Predominant Experience in Tower design, Foundation design, Tower profiling.
1. Coordinate with Project Planning Manager and ensure deliveries are aligned to Project Schedule.
2. Conduct regular project review meetings and ensure adherence to schedule.
3. Conduct internal review meetings for resource optimization, allocation and enhance productivity.
4. Prepare, implement, monitor and control Engineering Plan aligned with the project.
5. Ensure Quantity control & Optimization of Tower and Civil Quantities.
6. Review of designs, calculations & drawings and ensure their timely submissions after obtaining approvals from customer.
7. Clarification of issues w.r.t. vendors and ensuring timely delivery of materials at project site.
8. Capable of Multitasking and deliver multiple things on time.
9. Clarification to inter – discipline Managers for sorting out issues w.r.t. design aspects of the equipment.
10. Enable & review accurate estimation in terms of quantity for submission of Bill of Materials.
11. Review critical issues and procedural delays w.r.t. design aspects of equipment and extend support to Site Execution teams.
12. Settle procurement issues and extend support to Supply Chain management for ensuring order finalization for Vendor Engineering.
13. Extend support for BOQ, review of pre-bid offers and technical submissions & provide post-tender clarifications (after clarification from vendors) to the contracts team.
14. Lead and manage team of Design Engineers and Draughts persons.
15. Review Vendor evaluation (w.r.t. technical specification requirement of the client).
16. Extend support to Site Execution Teams for commercial issues & processing of bills.
17. Communicate & clarify deliverable list from the client and obtaining resource requirement for project.
18. Implementation of Quality systems.
1. Shall be capable of executing the engineering activities covering Route Selection, Profiles, Sag, Tension Charts, design of Transmission Line towers, foundations, gantry structures.
2. Shall be able to review fabrication / detailed drawings for TL towers. Shall be well experienced in all types of foundations (pad & Chimney/ Isolated Foundation, Combined Foundation, pile foundations etc) .
3. Should be aware of design calculations as per codes of domestic & international codes. Knowledge of Failure analysis of towers.
4. Should have knowledge of detailing, Exposure to testing of towers, type of materials and grade of materials used.
5. Knowledge Foundation design for all types of soil, Knowledge of stringing chart.
6. Conversant with Indian Standards and international standards like BS, UBC, ACI, ASCE related for TL and Foundation design.
1. Internally: All contract heads, With SCM (getting details of vendors drawings), Site project Managers, Testing Heads, Factory Heads, Contacts Team, Front office, Engineering Head ,Subordinates(Engineers, Drafts Man).
2. Externally: Clients, Consultants, Vendors.
Key Performance Indicators:
1. Schedules meeting within L2 (commitment), Guaranteed weights and volumes as given during estimates.
2. Successful tower testing (checking design capability).
3. Developing subordinates, Data Bank (proper reporting), Standardization of designs, Quality adherence.
Software Skills Required:
1. Proficiency with structural software like PLSCADD, PLS Tower, STAAD Pro, PLS Pole, Global Mapper, TLTSOFT(Internal).
2. Excellent in MS office and working knowledge of Auto CAD Effective Computer Skills, MS Office, Discipline Specific Software’s & Applications.
1. Market Insight.
3. Leveraging Opportunities.
4. Customer at the Core.
5. Sustainable Partnerships.
6. Anticipating Needs.
7. Customer Centricity.
8. Disruptive Innovation.
9. Challenge Traditional approaches.
10. Generate innovative solutions.
11. Take Calculated risks.
12. Collaborate and influence.
13. Internal Stake Holders o External Stake holders.
Drop us a line with your CV & tell us how your profile fits the criteria firstname.lastname@example.org