WORK LOCATION: Chennai
CLIENT: International EPC Contractor
JOB TYPE: Permanent / Long Term
QUALIFICATIONS: Degree / Masters in Electrical Engineering
EXPERIENCE: Around 12 to 18 years on Substation projects, predominantly in design aspects of Substation Construction and leading Engineers in execution of multiple projects.
Job Description (Please read carefully):
1. As a Project Engineering Manager, the person shall ensure that the engineering activities of the project takes place within stipulated time (w.r.t. both quality & cost).
2. She / He shall ensure the adherence to L2 schedule during execution of the project.
3. She / He shall work on optimizations / alternate proposals / solutions for quick delivery of the project with a positive margin.
4. She / He shall perform inter-discipline coordination (Civil, Structural, MEP & Instrumentation).
5. The PEM shall perform work allocation and man-hours allocation of different roles in the project.
1. Coordinate with Project Planning Manager and ensure deliveries are aligned to Project Schedule.
2. Conduct regular project review meetings and ensure adherence to schedule.
3. Conduct internal review meetings for resource optimization, allocation and enhance productivity.
4. Review of designs, calculations & drawings and ensure their timely submissions after obtaining approvals from customer.
5. Clarification of issues w.r.t. vendors and ensuring timely delivery of materials at project site.
6. Capable of Multitasking and deliver multiple things on time.
7. Clarification to inter – discipline Managers for sorting out issues w.r.t. design aspects of the equipment.
8. Enable & review accurate estimation in terms of quantity for submission of Bill of Materials.
9. Review critical issues and procedural delays w.r.t. design aspects of equipment and extend support to Site Execution teams.
10. Ensure BIM implementation in the projects.
11. Settle procurement issues and extend support to Supply Chain management for ensuring order finalization for Vendor Engineering.
12. Extend support for BOQ, review of pre-bid offers and technical submissions & provide post-tender clarifications (after clarification from vendors) to the contracts team.
13. Lead and manage team of Design Leads, Design Engineers and Draughtss persons.
14. Review Vendor evaluation (w.r.t. technical specification requirement of the client).
15. Extend support to Site Execution Teams for commercial issues & processing of bills.
16. Ensure issuance of Manufacturing Clearance by undertaking and facilitating necessary communication with suppliers.
17. Communicate & clarify deliverable list from the client and obtaining resource requirement for project.
1. The Project Engineering Manager shall have overall expertise in both primary engineering & secondary engineering for substation projects.
2. The Manager is required to have thorough understanding in design aspects of GIS / AIS Substations up to 765 KV.
3. She / He is required to be proficient in selection of equipment such as Power Transformers, Reactors, Circuit Breakers, Disconnectors, Instrument Transformer.
4. She / He shall be well versed in Substation Primary and Secondary Design including Earthing, Lighting, Lightning Protection, Cabling etc, interfaces between Civil, MEP & Instrumentation and Secondary engineering activities like Schemes, Wiring Diagrams, SCADA & Control System.
5. The PEM is required to have understanding of leading and execution of projects for different geographies / clients / utilities.
6. She / he should have detailed knowledge of the equipment to be installed and the market conditions for vendor engineering.
7. The PEM is required to understand and interpret the contractual technical requirements and facilitate the Project Teams as and when required.
8. The PEM shall have good interviewing skills.
1. Internally: Head of Engineering, Inter-discipline Heads, Project Execution team, Supply Chain Management team, Quality team, Contracts team.
2. Externally: Customers (Engineering team), Client (Project Management team), Vendors (Engineering & Quality team).
Key Value Drivers:
1. On-Time Delivery (Schedule Adherence).
2. Approval of SLA for Engineering Services on time.
3. Man-Hour Management for team.
4. Support for Monthly Invoicing.
5. Savings Generated (Quality & Cost Optimization).
6. Skill Development.
8. Successor Development.
9. Standardization (Eliminating Inefficiency).
10. Productivity (Man-Hours allotted).
11. Strike Rate of Bids Submitted (If Applicable).
Software Skills Required:
1. General awareness of MS Office.
2. Desirable awareness of ETAP, PSCAD & CYMGRD and Project Planning Tools.
1. Market Insight o Market Foresight o Leveraging Opportunities.
2. Customer at Core.
3. Sustainable Partnership.
4. Anticipating Needs.
5. Customer Centricity.
6. Disruptive Innovation.
7. Challenge Traditional Approaches.
8. Generate Innovative Solutions.
9. Take Calculated Risks.
10. Collaborate and Influence.
11. Internal Stakeholders.
12. External Stakeholders.
Drop us a line with your CV & tell us how your profile fits the criteria firstname.lastname@example.org